Small businesses located in unincorporated Jefferson County and who applied for the Small Business Emergency Grant Program may now receive up to $10,000 to provide financial relief from the impacts of COVID-19. If you’ve already submitted an application, you will be contacted regarding modifying your application. If you have not applied yet, you can apply online for a CARES Act Emergency Grant from the county at https://www.jeffco.us/4057/CARES-Act-Emergency-Grant-Funding. Application forms will be revised to reflect the increased grant amount by mid next week.
The funds are intended to provide a financial bridge until businesses can return to normal operations. Recipients will be required to prove the funds were spent to offset the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be considered, grant applications must be submitted by June 30th.
Other requirements include:
- Business must have a physical location in unincorporated Jefferson County. Businesses located within city boundaries are not eligible for this grant and should contact their city economic development office.
- Business has been operating for at least one year.
- Is not a home-based business.
- Must be a for-profit.
- Have no more than 49 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions and at least one full time equivalent (FTE) worker. A business owner working full time would meet this qualification.
- Must be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State and be in good standing.
- Businesses with more than one physical location in Jefferson County may apply for the grant program for each unincorporated Jefferson County location. For purposes of estimating FTE’s, the FTE count shall be based only on the specific location applying for the grant.
- Independently owned local business. Corporately owned national chains are not eligible for the grant unless you are an individually owned franchise operator with 49 or less employees total at all locations and owner is a Colorado resident.
- Has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- Marijuana industry businesses are not eligible.
- Demonstrates how funds will help business return to profitability. Note:
- Grant funds may not be used to pay Jefferson County Real Property taxes.
- The CARES Act prohibits the use of grant funds to replace County revenues.
- Requests for funding to offset property taxes will be denied.
Applicants will be required to submit/show:
- a copy of most recent tax return including IRS Form 941 with the application if they have employees OR a statement that the owner is working full time in the business.
- budget demonstrating grant funds will be used to address business needs caused by business interruption between March 1-November 30, 2020; and
For complete information about the program, please visit https://www.jeffco.us/4057/CARES-Act-Emergency-Grant-Funding
Questions? Email BusinessServices@jeffco.us